To review your 2023 elections…
Follow these steps to review the benefit you elected for 2023:
- Sign into Workday
- Select: View All Apps > Benefits > scroll down > Benefit Elections as of Date > select 1/1/23 >
- Click ‘OK’.
New medical and dental ID cards
Everyone who enrolled in a Cigna medical plan for 2023 will receive new medical ID cards for the new year. You can expect the new ID cards to arrive in the mail in late December 2022.
If you are currently enrolled in a Cigna dental plan and re-enrolled in the same plan for 2023, you will not receive a new dental ID card. Just keep your current ID card to use for 2023.
If you switched dental plans or newly enrolled for 2023, or if you are located in Texas, you will receive a new dental ID card in the mail in late December 2022.
ID cards will be sent to your home address listed on file with Sprinklr around the start of the new year. You will also be able to access digital versions of your 2023 insurance cards at www.myCigna.com. Make sure to register and download the myCigna mobile app for easy access to your Cigna plans!
Health Savings Account (HSA) debit cards
If you newly enrolled in the Cigna HDHP with HSA medical plan for 2023, you will receive a Cigna HSA debit card around the start of the new year. This will be sent to your home address listed on file with Sprinklr.
You will need to complete the Customer Identification Process with the bank to successfully open your account if you are newly enrolled. The 2023 employer contribution will be made to your HSA account before the close of January 2023. Your account must be in active status in order to receive the Sprinklr contribution.
If you are currently enrolled in the Cigna HDHP with HSA plan and re-enrolled for 2023, you can continue to use your current Cigna HSA debit card in the new year.
Remember, you can set or change your HSA contribution amount at any time during the year online in Workday in a Year Round Changes change benefit event.
Watch for your new FSA debit card from WEX
If you elected a general purpose or combination health care FSA for 2023, you will receive a debit card in late December 2023 from WEX, our new FSA plan provider. Your health care flexible spending account will be funded in full around the start of the plan year (Jan. 1, 2023).
Spend health care FSA funds before the end of the year, if you can!
Because of the change to WEX as our FSA provider, 2022 general purpose health care FSA rollover balances will not post to your 2023 FSA account until May 2023. As a reminder, the 2022 rollover max is $570, so don’t forget to spend down your balance to prevent forfeiture of any funds. For a full list of eligible expenses, visit cigna.com/expenses.
Provide proof of good health, if needed
Most of your coverage will go into effect as of Jan. 1, 2023. However, some benefits, such as voluntary life, may require you to complete a statement of health in order for any excess coverage over the guaranteed issue amount to be reviewed and approved by Unum. Your coverage will only go into effect next year after your proof of good health is approved.
You will receive an announcement on your Workday home page to complete your statement of health. You will also need to mark the task in your inbox as complete once you complete the statement of health on Unum’s site.
Quick fact: in most cases Unum is able to make an immediate decision regarding your application. Take a few minutes to make sure you complete this step!
Make the most of your coverage!
Preventive care reminders
- Preventive care is covered at 100% in-network on all medical plans – make sure to take advantage of this benefit and schedule your wellness exams!
- Your dental plan allows 4 cleanings per year! Make sure to take advantage of these services before the new year. If you go for at least 2 cleanings per year, you are eligible for an increased annual benefit amount, up to the cap. Find out more here.
- Get your annual eye exam – if you are enrolled in VSP vision coverage your plan offers an annual eye exam at a standard co-pay.
Out-of-network claims submissions
- You have 120 days from the date services are rendered to submit out-of-network claims for reimbursement.
Sprinklr Health Savings Account (HSA)
- It’s your responsibility to ensure your eligibility for the Sprinklr Health Savings Account (HSA plan). This includes the HSA “last month rule”: If you are an eligible individual on the first day of the last month of your tax year (December 1 for most taxpayers), you are considered an eligible individual for the entire year. HSA accountholders may utilize the last month rule to make a full HSA contribution for that year.
- If you are enrolled in a Health Care Flexible Spending account with Cigna in 2022, but have enrolled in a Health Savings Account for 2023, any remaining funds will rollover into a Combo Purpose FSA account with our new FSA provider, WEX.